Your Audio Visual Checklist – Things you should know
We know that planning an event can be stressful. As an event planner, you probably have your hands full with the different parts that you need to take care of. Since event technology is our specialty, we wanted to make that part a bit easier for you by creating this ultimate AV checklist. Print this and take it with you to your onsite walk though of your venue. You won’t regret it!
When Booking A Venue:
- What is the venue’s policy about external suppliers?
- Is there an extra charge if you decide to go with an external suppliers?
- Get quotes from a few external suppliers and compare prices with the hotel’s in-house AV.
- Find out if there are any other restriction. Will it be a problem for you or your supplier if you do not use their technician?
- Check and record the ceiling and wall heights and measurements.
- Are there any entrances or exits that would be okay to block for an AV set up?
When Choosing A supplier:
- Prepare a list of your event’s audio visual equipment needs.
- Get a few AV referrals, or look up AV suppliers online.
- After finding a few companies to choose from, you may want to ask them the following questions to see which would be best for your company:
- How long has their company been in business?
- Who have they worked with in your industry?
- Do they have experience with similar events in size and scope?
- Do they have pictures/videos of past events that they can show you?
- Do they have any referrals or testimonials?
- What kind of generalised and specialised services do they offer?
- What is the quality of their equipment?
- What does the company offer in terms of the planning process?
- What would be their production process?
- What are their advantages over their competitors?
The Planning Process:
- Schedule an on-site walk through with your AV supplier (if they have not worked with venue).
- Confirm with all speakers/presenters and what equipment they will need.
- Set up a list of all AV needs per day, room by room.
- Submit proposed timeline to your AV suppliers.
- Complete an on-site tour and walk through with your AV provider.
- Double check to have the correct contact information for the AV Director for your event.
- Notify your AV vendor if any changes are anticipated at the event.
When You’re Onsite:
- Have an early morning check of the AV set up of each room.
- Have a rehearsal/discussion with the AV technicians and your key players.
- Lastly, keep calm and trust your AV provider! They were born to be AV marvels!
Do you have an exciting event coming up and you are in need of a one-stop shop that can provide all of your technology needs? Then look no further! We are able to save you thousands on production costs by offering world-class event technology at common sense pricing. With our experience, we are able to make your event one of a kind, memorable, and sure to stand out from the competition. Feel free to email us at email@example.com, or give us a toll free call at 03 9429 2058 so we can start discussing what MAV can do for you.